The Palestine Economic Policy Research Institute (MAS) was founded in East Jerusalem, in 1994 as an independent and non-profit institution to undertake economic and socio-economic policy research. MAS is dedicated to producing sound and high-quality research relevant to the Palestinian socio-economic context, research that improves the understanding and tackling of the constraints and potentials of the Palestinian economy. The overall objective of the Institute is to assist policy-makers in designing and implementing evidence-based policies and foster public participation in the formation of economic and social policies.
MAS is currently seeking to employ an Information Technology and Communications Officer.
Job Title: ITC Officer
Tasks and Duties:
- Install, configure, and manage all network hardware and software and make needed upgrades and repairs.
- Install, configure, and manage all servers, PCs, printers, shared printers, fax, scanners, and any other IT or office equipment.
- Maintain the network and computer system security and ensure that all systems are operating correctly and securely.
- Troubleshoot systems hardware, software, and networks and operating systems.
- Troubleshoot network connections, servers, PCs, and laptops problems.
- Secure systems by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation.
- Maintain the Institute’s data backup and restore.
- Administrate, SharePoint Server 2013.
- Administrate, Database server, and Virtual Servers.
- Manage email server and troubleshoot office outlook.
- Preparing new PCs with needed system configuration and software.
- Train users on the proper use of hardware and software when necessary.
- Maintain the system’s performance by performing system monitoring and analysis and performance tuning;
- Generate monthly reports on the system’s health and report any vulnerabilities to the IT manager.
- Protect the Institute's value by keeping all information confidential.
- Maintain the IT department files.
- Manage needed systems for the Workshops and Events like Sound system, Video Conference, and Zoom Technology.
- Manage stocks of equipment, consumables, and other supplies.
- Follow up the Institute’s website updating (uploads, modifying contents, etc.)
- Ability to follow up on new technology and find new solutions for the organization.
- Ability to analyze and maintain IT procurement.
- Any other duties as required.
- University degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or other related fields.
- Minimum 1 year of proven experience in IT systems administration.
- Solid experience in administering and managing Microsoft Active Directory, User Accounts, Policies, DNS, DHCP, NAS Storage, and Symantec Exec Backup.
- Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2008 R2 environment.
- Ability to manage and configure Hyper-V and VMware.
- Solid experience in windows Platform and Microsoft Office.
- Experience in installing and managing security platforms including Fortigate and Sophos firewalls.
- Working experience in installing, managing, and troubleshooting Microsoft SQL Server.
- Working experience in managing Anti-Virus solutions and admin Kit’s administration.
- Certificates in TCP/IP, WAN and LAN Protocols, and network configuration.
- Good knowledge of video conferencing systems, ZOOM Technology, sound systems, and telephone PBX.
- Good Knowledge of SharePoint 2013 Servers and SharePoint administration.
- Good knowledge in web development, Drupal System, PHP, Java scripts.
- Network +, CCNA, and MCITP certifications are an advantage.
Competent in written and spoken Arabic & English.
MAS premises, Ramallah City, West Bank, Palestine.
Provide two references (one professional, one academic)
Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae and a cover letter no later than 03/04/2021 to HR@mas.ps