External Relations Officer
The Palestine Economic Policy Research Institute (MAS) was founded in 1994 as an independent, non-profit institution to undertake high-quality economic and socio-economic policy research. The aim of the research function and related activities is to improve understanding of the Palestinian economy, deal with its constraints, and explore its potentials. The Institute’s overall goal is to assist policy-makers in designing evidence-based policies and foster public participation in the formulation of economic and socio-economic policies.
MAS is currently seeking to employ an External Relations Officer)ERO)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The ERO is a management position reporting directly to the Director General (DG) of the Institute and has the following sets of duties and responsibilities:
- Fundraising (30%):
The successful candidate will:
- Solicit and mobilize funds for MAS research programs and activities in line with MAS fundraising strategy 2022-2023.
- Write grant and cooperation proposals for MAS projects and programs in cooperation with Research and Financial Departments.
- Promote MAS programs and projects and donor and partner events.
- Project Monitoring (50%)
- Communicate with donors and partners and follow up with them on project implementation.
- Prepare narrative, progress, and evaluation reports in accordance with contracts and agreements with donors.
- Keep updated files for all MAS funded programs and projects as well as profiles for current and potential funding parties through the SharePoint Monitoring system.
- Report drafting (20%)
- This task requires both research and drafting as well as reviewing published work relevant to the issuance in English of the monthly Economic Bulletin and the semi-annual Food Security Bulletin.
- The ERO will also help in preparing summaries and press releases of MAS publications and activities in English.
- The ERO may be occasionally tasked with some research tasks as the need arises.
- M.A. Degree in Management/Social Sciences or other relevant fields
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience under Duties (1) and (2) and at least three years under Duties (3).
- Working knowledge and overall understanding of the donor community and the external aid system, and familiarity with Palestinian development issues.
- English language fluency, including drafting skills.
- Strong public relations, networking, and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of and proficiency in relevant computer programs.
- Proficiency in Arabic language is preferable.
- Planning and Organization
- Client Orientation
Job Location: MAS premises, Ramallah, Palestine
Terms, Salary and Benefits: A Full-Time Job
MAS offers a one-year renewable contract. The salary is based on the unified scale of Palestinian higher education sector. Benefits include health insurance, annual and maternity leave.
Start of work: As soon as possible
Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter elaborating on their interest in the position to HR@mas.ps or by fax at +972-2-2987055.
Only candidates whose CV substantiates the above qualifications will be shortlisted
and called for a written test and a personal interview to evaluate competencies.
MAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer